It is funny because you are actually doing quite the contrary. There is no stepping required, it is more like falling out of this dimension and into another, and even that is not entirely accurate. I suppose really what you are doing is slowing down your biorhythms and entering into a state of consciousness that is not normally perceived in the waking state. You have to sorta lose yourself and join with the whole. If that makes any sense.
All of my teachers have called it different things. I prefer simply calling it "Stepping between the Gap" because to me it accurately describes the experience. It is refreshing and inspiring. It takes a little discipline and dedication to begin to perceive these other dimensions, but even a complete beginner can do it first try, if you focus on breathing very slowly and in a controlled way, and make sure you lie absolutely completely still. This is where most people fail because lying still is actually rather difficult for most of us. I know it is for me, but you just have to push through the desires and whims of your ego. Once you break through the threshold (I.E. the gap) you can remain in that state for an extended amount of time because you have won control over your ego and your conscious mind is now calling the shots. Also the longer you stay, the more rewarding it is. Eventually your vision of darkness is replaced with beautiful patterns of light, and the most disciplined of interdimensional travelers can perceive worlds that are truly unique to them and have never been perceived by anyone else in the world. I have literally communicated with aliens, specifically the greys. They talk via telepathic communication, I don't remember specifically what they said. It's been a few years. Amazing right?
However, I am not certain if what I experience is simply a hallucination brought on by popular culture and a trance induced state, or if they are truly extradimensional beings that exist in this amazingly complex world. To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me, because they only come around when I step through the gap into their world. It is most fortunate they don't have the ability to manifest themselves in our world... Or do they??? Haha anyway lets move on.
So there I was laying in bed, I was a little frustrated because earlier I had watched a video on YouTube made by Vsauce, and Michael was talking about how the soonest humans could possibly be able to travel to another solar system is approximately 1,000 years! And that's if we are able to create technology that is capable of light speed. This thought saddened me because we live in such a vast world, but we are physically handicapped from exploring anything more than a fraction of a fraction of a percent. But then I remembered, we are multidimensional beings! We have the ability to travel anywhere in the universe and more! All from within the safty of our home!
This is a subject many people may refute, but the more you study physics, biology, the natural sciences, and math, the more you will come to terms we live in an infinitely complex world. So the inner dimensions inside your mind are literally unlimited. We can't physically travel outside our solar system yet, but who cares! There is literally an infinite world to explore within your own head. It's uncharted territory, but its my way of coping with the depressive fact I will probably never travel to Proxima Centari, or much less even travel to the moon. So interdimensional travel is my own personal way of sticking it to the man haha. Have fun with it.
So now I will now go on to explain a few things about stepping between the gap so you can try it for yourself.
- Lie down in a quiet, dark, and comfortable place. Someplace where you will not
- Focus on breathing through your nose.
- Breath slowly
- As you breath tell yourself to release all stress and worries
- Imagine yourself slowing down and the time in between breaths increases
- The slower you breath, the larger the gap becomes.
- Do this for about 15-20 minutes then bring your awareness to your hands.
- If done properly and long enough your body will fall asleep. Making it difficult to feel your limbs.
- In the deepest trance you may lose awareness of your body all together
- You may not be able to tell for certain where you hands and arms are. You
will know they are there, but not 100% certain where.
- Continue doing the breathing exercises and continue to extend the time in between the gap.
- You are now only breathing a couple times a minute, completely slowed down, almost unconscious but still aware.
- Eventually there will be a point where your consciousness feels expanded. You will become aware of the infinity and power within your mind. You will no longer be an ego, but you will be ethereal. You will be a spirit.
- That is your beginning of interdimensional travel. A technique ancient mystics have been aware of for centuries. Just remember to lie completely still. No moving!
Have a good one!